New Health Policy Job: Can you co-ordinate the NHS Innovation and Life Sciences Commission? Would you like to work with some of the leading thinkers in UK health and innovation policy to deliver concrete recommendations in the heart of Westminster and Whitehall?
The UK’s first “Do-Tank” specialising in turning policy into practice is recruiting for a Senior Policy and Communications Officer with a special interest in health and innovation policy to support not for profit policy institute, Curia’s NHS Innovation and Life Sciences Commission.
Based in Smith Square in the heart of Westminster, Curia is the UK’s first consultancy to specialise in the implementation of public policy, this role is an ideal opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting areas of public policy – healthcare and life sciences.
Curia’s sister company, Chamber is one of the UK’s leading policy broadcaster and publishers which promotes the work of Curia and produces Chamber magazine. The parliamentary journal.
In this role you will work directly with the Commissioners and Chief Executive to deliver the NHS Innovation and Life Sciences Commission. You will organise inquiry sessions, produce briefing notes, write up the recommendations and conduct supporting research for former Innovation Minister, Lord James O’Shaughnessy, Former Deputy Medical Director of NHS England, Professor Mike Bewick, Former Chief Executive of NICE, Professor Gillian Leng CBE, Former Chief Pharmaceutical Officer at NHS England and Department of Health, Dr Keith Ridge CBE and former Labour MP and member of the Health Select Committee Ann Keen as well our other distinguished commissioners.
Health Policy Job: The role
- Undertake research and help shape recommendations for Commission Chairs
- Help prepare materials for successful Commission meetings
- Manage our relationship with our Commissioners
- Manage our relationship with our sponsors
- Plan, manage and deliver work for our sponsors
- Initiate business development activity supporting our Chief Executive
- Take over delivery once services are sold by our Directors
- Commission and produce episodes of Innovating Healthcare
- Book and brief speakers for our Integrating Healthcare conferences
- Support speakers, maintain relationships and prepare them to present at events
- Meet deadlines
As growing companies, Chamber and Curia are looking for people who wish to grow the business.
- Significant work in health policy
- You have built a network within the field of health policy
- You have written policy papers before
- You have co-ordinated events, meetings and diaries
You are fully capable of managing and communicating a significant workload, recording and prioritising tasks from multiple sources and stakeholders and ensuring those stakeholders are well informed of progress.
You are a superior communicator, able to draw clarity from high level discussions and turn them into actions. Excellent written communicator, with experience of producing high quality briefings and outputs.
You are a networker who values the links they can make in the sector and understands the needs of people in your network.
You can block off time, sit down, research and write policy or policy briefings.
- £30,500 to £37,000 salary dependent on experience
- Company bonus if we hit out profit targets
- Percentage commission on new business secured
- Office in the heart of Westminster (this is an in-person, not hybrid or remote role)
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com
For more information about this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org